Peek a Boo! 33 week pregnant with Jaelyn (left) 33 weeks pregnant with Jackson (right). You can see I am carrying more forward, maybe just because I show faster with this second pregnancy. Maybe that is the culprit of these awful stretch marks! Yes ladies - I have been marked! I have a few nasty ones on the underside of my belly below the belly button. Not cool!
I am definitely a bit meatier in the arms and face this time around. And curse this devilish humidity, otherwise I would have a nice dark tan like I did with Jackson.
And now... PROJECT NURSERY shows its completion!
We ordered the changing table/dresser unit from Walmart.com (free shipping to home). I used this tutorial to handsew the raspberry colored minkie changing pad cover.
I bought these three baskets from JoAnn Fabrics at a 50% off sale. Then used the same concept from the changing pad cover tutorial to create the sage green basket liners. One for socks, one for hats, one for diapers.
Does this piece look familiar? I had purchased this shelving unit from Michael's when I put together Jackson's nursery and initially used it as a place to nurse in the rocking chair (it is now his book shelf). So I treked myself back to the store (50% off coupon in hand) and purchased another one. Took me three coats of white acrylic paint to cover the unfinished wood. I didn't want to purchase new paint, so I just put up with the numerous coats. Then I lined the shelves with scrapbook paper and Mod Podged them.
I ordered fabric from Fabric.com (thanks Paige for the suggestion) and created this valance from scratch. I purchased the curtains from walmart because I truly believe that having heavy darker drapes helps babies/toddlers sleep longer for naps as it keeps more light out. (We do have honeycomb double fabric blinds, but it wasn't enough for light concealment.)
We installed these floating shelves on both sides of the window. $10 from Target, you get what you pay for - one of the anchors broke into pieces as we screwed it into the wall - had to hammer it in. Oh well, they look pretty good.
Jaelyn's wood letters were nailed above her crib.
This isn't a great photo of the bed skirt, but I sewed that as well. I used the valance fabric to tie the pieces together. I am waiting on her mattress from Babies R Us, had to order it. I also have a breathable bumper from Walmart and I used the same tutorial for the changing pad cover to sew a fitted crib sheet. $4 of 2 yrds cotton fabric + $4 worth of elastic - $8 total. Try to find a fitted crib sheet in the stores for $8!
Jaelyn's bow holder with all my little creations hanging.
And 3 square paintings I did with acrylic paint. The wall above the changing table still needs something, probably another painting - but I'm ok with a blank wall for now :)
Hope you like the room as much as I do!!