Sunday, May 17, 2009

Weekend Events




Jackson and I said goodbye to our close friends on Friday. Crystal and Maddi (along with her husband) moved to Madison on Saturday. It is a great move for them to be closer to family and friends. They moved to Appleton orginially from Madison. We were real sad to see them go. Crystal and I take the kids to the park, out to lunch and shopping at least once a week. Of course we will continue to talk to each other, but our visits will be fewer. The babies grow so fast so we will have to be sure to share photos as often as possible!



We had a quick and eventful weekend. I had participated in the neighbor's rummage sale on Friday and Saturday mornings. Friday was great for sale as far as weather goes - but leave it to WI weather to drop from 70s on Friday to chilly winds and low 50s on Saturday. Unfortuantely, that kept a good amount of the rummagers away.

I cashed in on Paul's birthday gift for me on Saturday afternoon. A luxurious 3.5 hour retreat to the spa. I received a hour facial (I believe I felt asleep near the end at one point) then a 1 hour and 15 min full body hot stone massage. I am passing along my recommendations for this treatment people! So relaxing and soothing - then I spent 15 minutes in the Hyrdo Bed. This contraption looked like a huge tanning bed but was actually a steaming, showering massaging magic machine! My head was out of the bed and so the therapist continued to give me a head and face massage while my body was treated to ultimate relaxation. Holy Cow - did Paul ever hit it right this time!!

On Sunday, we headed to Jackson, WI for my cousin's confirmation. We were able to visit my family, first time since Christmas. [photo of my cousin Jessi and Jax] She goes to UW-Oshkosh and loves to babysit Jax for us! The weather was a bit chilly again, but definitely bearable this time. Jax did really well being away from home the majority of day. He's asleep in his crib for the night now, dreaming of squeaky toys and pears :)







3 comments:

Rachel Tenpenny Crawford said...

Hi, My name is Rachel Crawford and I found your blog through the names in the sand website. I saw that you make homemade babyfood and are teaching sign language to your son. I did the same for my son. I taught him sign language and it was a life saver for us. He enjoyed communicating us at such a young age. He didn't really use it until he was 10 months old though so don't get discouraged if it doesn't take right away. I also made all his baby food, he never ate food from a jar in his life. I know some great tricks if you are interested. My blog is Waiting For Morning www.racheltenpennycrawford.blogspot.com.

Crystal said...

We miss you guys too!! It means alot to me that you'd think to write about us:) As I re-visit my old favorite places, I'm like "I'll have to take April here when they visit" :) Chat soon!

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

Love your blog....I have enjoyed reading it.
I have just started the posts from our most recent "Grandparent Disney trip" with a look into the eyes of my little guys from this "Grammy"! Also every comment counts as an entry for the May giveaway. (See Monthly Card Box Giveaway"!) Stop by for a visit when you have some time.