Monday, November 10, 2008

Good News!

Jackson had his 2/3 week check up today. He did really well, wake and alert but not fussy at all. Of course I asked the doctor a numerous amount of questions... what first time mother doesn't have a long list?
I can start to introduce a pumped bottle as soon as I feel ready, which will allow Paul to have more time with Jax. Also, I can let him sleep as long as he'd like during the night without having to wake him for feedings.

Here's the update:
Birth weight: 7 lbs. 3 oz.
3 Weeks weight: 8 lbs. 3 oz. 27% percentile

Birth height: 19 inches
3 Weeks height: 22 inches 86% percentile


Even though his weight is low in the range of over 2-3 week olds, his height is strong and that is what makes Jax look like a skinny baby.

My ultrasound went well today. Although it was still completely uncomfortable, I can finally say that the majority of the concern is gone and I do not need a D&C. Thanks Goodness that the meds did their job.

Paul and I have begun to fall into a routine for the evening/nighttime. Ultimately, the time schedule is up to Jackson. After the early evening feeding, I go to sleep and Paul stays up with Jax. Then around 10:30pm-midnight, I feed Jackson again and Paul goes to sleep for the night. I then take the remaining the feedings of the night (usually around 1-2am and then again 4-5am) Although each night is different. I am just relieved to allow Jax to sleep as long as he can without feeling like he should eat. I don't think it'll take him too long before he has designed a feeding schedule of his own.

A photo of Christy, Bernard and the boys when they came for a visit early last week.






No comments: