Wednesday, July 30, 2008

90 Days To Go!!


Last night Paul and I took a tour of the Birthing Center at Appleton Medical Center. It looks like a nice area of the hospital. The nurse showed us the ceasarean rooms as well as a standard labor/delivery room. Like many hospitals now a days, everything happens in one room. Your early stages of labor to the delivery and recovery all in one room. This makes it so much nicer for the parents to not have to be carted around to different locations. There were a few really small rooms that the nurse said they use as an absolute last resort if the labor center to too busy. Well, I know the end of October, early November is a busy time for births... I know so many women between friends and ladies in my pregnancy & fit workout class who are due around the same time... we are really hoping we don't get one of those little rooms! The standard labor rooms are a good size for equipment and people... which makes everyone (especially ME) a happier person with a little room to breathe!


We have chosen a Pediatrician at Thedacare in Appleton. I have scheduled a "meet the doctor" appointment later in August to get to know him a little better before the little guy arrives. I have my 29 week appointment in two weeks. I want to know if she can tell me how big my baby is right now (or mainly, how his head size is measuring up :) ).
Joe and Allison stopped by our place for a short visit and lunch on Sunday while driving back through from Sturgeon Bay. Always nice to see them! We are having the three of them stay over for the weekend in the second week of August. That should be a lot of fun! We just need to get the baby gate up first. Once that puppy gets nailed in the wall (at the top of our exposed staircase)... it'll be years before it comes down. We'll just say, Paul is NOT looking forward to that at all! But it's necessary and no way around it.
We are heading to Chicago this weekend to visit with Brian and Emily. It has been too long since we stayed by their place and we're all real excited for that! Suppose to be a horribly hot and sticky weekend. Giddy up!

1 comment:

Lynda said...

I love getting updates on this post! You look so beautiful, April. Good idea (?) to get the head measurements...remember that Paul won the contest for biggest head circumference at camping!?! Don't worry, though, I think Trevor's was right up there and he was the easier of my two to deliver :)!! Can't wait to see you! Glad to hear you are doing so well. We love you guys!
Aunt Lyn and Uncle Rick