Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Problem Solved... hopefully!

Or at least I am crossing my fingers! You remember my previous compliant about how many asian character comments I receive on my posts? It was getting ridiculous! About 1/3 of all my comments were unreadable foreign characters.

A few days ago, one of my husband's accounts was shut down by the company due to "unusual activity", which basically means it was hacked into. Then yesterday, my email was hijacked! A large portion of my contacts had received spam from me with possible viral links. This was actually semi good news to my husband because it made him figure out the problem. My laptop (which I have only started using regularly because of dismantling our office/computer room for the nursery) had a trojan or key logger virus installed by a hacker. So all my accounts were in jeopardy. Paul said that could also be the reason why I was receiving so many "spam / asian character" comments. So, he wiped the laptop clean and reinstalled our software - including anti virus protection. I spent about 2 hours last night changing ALL of my passwords to my accounts. So, hopefully - my problem is solved :)

Can't wait to show you Jaelyn's room soon. It's slowly coming together, and I have still been hard at work with all my project.




40

4 comments:

Holly said...

Hopefully problem solved!

croleyc69 said...

Hoping it is fixed. I just went through that not to long ago. So far so good. It was just a pain changing everything. :(

Caroline

Kate said...

I probably should change all that fun stuff too!

林聿希林聿希林聿希 said...

缺少智慧,就是缺少一切..................................................