Monday, January 4, 2010

Ram Ba Lam

Are you tired of reading everyone's 2010 goals?
Well, what's one more from a girl who's a few days behind?

1. Make A Baby
Ok, this is really carried over from last quarter but it still counts :)

2. Read the Bible this year
I have already begun to follow HeartLight's Bible Story plan. I didn't much care for the idea of reading it cover to cover, so I was thrilled with I saw that HeartLight offers a Bible Story version.

3. Save money
Enough said, right? In order to plan for another child we need to finish off a portion of the basement to free up our 3rd bedroom on the main level which is currently our office. Paul and I enjoy eating at restaurants and we haven't done that great of job cutting back on that. When that dreaded "end of the year summary" from our credit card company comes in... and we saw how much we spent on dining out - we were floored. And yet at the same time, we shouldn't have been surprised. Our habits hadn't changed much since the previous year. But 2010 will be different!! Save Save Save!!

4. Commit to Change
We are about to read, discuss and study Love & Respect in my family life group at church. I plan to commit myself and my marriage to give this book/method a chance. I commit myself to provide all I can for the Children's Ministry at Pathways church. I pray that God will show his works greatly this year. We have grown from 300-1400 attendees since Jan. 09. Our church is booming! I can not wait to see what God has in store for us.

40

6 comments:

Leslee said...

Happy New Year to you and good luck on your goals...

Sorry to hear about yor camera, but you did a great job of capturing some great shots! I just think your little family is so cute. Jackson in his scarf is a.dorable!!

Elyse said...

Great goals...and no I am not tired of hearing/reading them yet :)
~Elyse

Caroline said...

Happy New Year and best of luck on all your goals. I missed you to.:)
Caroline

Holly said...

Hey our #1s are the same! lol I should be able to find out next week if I am. It's always nerve-wracking waiting!!

I've always wanted to read the bible in a year. I've read through the whole new testament before but not the old testament.

I want to save too! And really we are b/c I want to save up money for my maternity leave so that I can be off the full 12 weeks. So I am working/oncall pretty much every other weekend. It sucks but I'm glad I have the opportunity to be able to get a little extra money. I told Anth too that we really need to increase our savings. I will be so glad when we get our cc's paid off!!!

One of the things I would love to do is learn how to save more with couponing but I'm not sure if I have the time to put a lot of dedication into it. I've seen some people's efforts and it's pretty hard core!

Amber said...

Stopping by from Paige's blog, Praise him in this Storm. I see that your little one's name is Jackson and I'm actually due any time with our little boy who we are naming Jackson and calling "Jax" too. I love that name! Just thought I would share. Hope you can accomplish all of your goals.

Unknown said...

Good luck on your resolutions/changes!